Given the competition, promoting your local business can be really tough especially if you are just starting out. In order to survive you need to revive your marketing strategies according the the latest marketing trends. Even if your local business marketing is doing well at the moment you must stay ahead of your competitors in order to be successful in future. Here are some cool marketing tactics to get customers for your local business and make sure that you don’t morph away after the initial years of success.
1. Get started with email marketing
If you are the owner of a local business you will agree how marketing takes a backseat among other more important things. The thing is that small business owners don’t realise how important it is to market their business. They think that all this time and effort can be put to other more important use. However, some simple marketing tactics can offer amazing results even with minimum effort. Take for instance email marketing. It is one of the most effective marketing strategy out there to grow and maintain your customer base. So if you haven’t already started with it, its time you do it. It will not only help you in customer acquisition but also be beneficial in retaining them. Some of the easiest way to get started with email marketing are:
• Asking people to sign up for email list at the cash counter. You can also offer them some incentive to do so as most people don’t want to receive too many irrelevant emails in their inbox.
• Try website opt-in. Make it easier for people to fill in the form by asking for only relevant information that you are going to use. Adding an email opt-in form to your Facebook page will also help you increase the reach of your local business.
• Adding pop-up sign up on your website. It will help connect with people who visit your website.
• Segmenting your list by language, region or importance. Segmenting is great for a more focused marketing approach. Whether you are targeting a group of clients or prospective customers speaking a certain language, segmenting them will help you send customised emails thus helping you get clicks and conversions.
2. Partner with local groups/businesses
Every business needs a way to stay in touch with prospective customers and clients and partnering with a local group offers a great way to do that. Start attending local networking events and meet-ups in order to build connections. It will not only help you stay connected with residents but also expose you to other businesses. You can further make a list of strategic local business marketing partners in your area and get them on your mailing list. This could act as a start of a genuine business relationship and will help you gain reputation and build trust in the market. There is also a chance that these businesses will become your future customer.
3. Advertise using Facebook ads
Facebook ads work great for local businesses. So if you are looking for cost-effective ways to promote your local business this is where you should start. You can go by highlighting the benefits users will receive by engaging with your business.
Some of the benefits of using Facebook ads for local business are:
* When people buy a product or service locally they don’t do an online search for the same. They would rather explore their local area and find out the things they are looking for. This is why Google advertising may not work for your local business. On the other hand Facebook helps you target people in your local area.
* With Facebook ads, you can easily promote coupons and offers to your targeted audience. Facebook lets you target your ads according to specific city or location thus making it sure that your ad is visible to people who are likely to benefit your business.
* With Facebook custom audience you can further target people who have engaged with your local business marketing in the past thus helping you to retain your customer base. You can easily target them using the email address and mobile numbers. Lookalike audience is also a great way to capture leads for future.
4. Use social proof
Social media offers a great way to interact with your customers. The fact that social media has become an integral part of people’s lives and they often look at each other to justify their decision when making a purcahse or using a service. All these activities on social media can be used for social proof.
Social proof implies that people will follow the actions of others in an effort to reflect the right decision or behaviour in a given situation. It comes as an easy social media marketing tactics and offers anxious customers a way to ease their worries.
Some of the most common ways in which you can leverage social proof to to promote and grow your business are:
• Positive reviews about your brand or products
• Customer testimonials
• Getting influencers to endorse your products/ services
• Increasing your social media likes and following
• Awards and recognition
• Social shares
In order to earn social proof you will have to be creative apart from having a unique product/service. If you have an incredible products that offers everything it promises it will naturally get positive reviews from people. You can further ask your customers to give feedback and reviews etc.
5. Use local business marketing to promote your unique features
In order to differentiate yourself from your competition it is very important to develop your unique selling proposition. It will help you stand apart from your competitor and strengthen your position in the market. Your prospective customers are completely clueless when it comes to choosing a product or service. They will go for the one that promises them various benefits such as long lasting results, security and value for money etc. Hence, in order to make sure that your customers are able to see the fine points of your local business marketing you will have to be very creative. Start by making a list of all the things that make you different from others and highlight them when promoting your business. The unique aspects of your local business marketing will appeal to your prospective customers thus helping you grow your business.